Thursday, April 19, 2007

Who would have thought???

Who would have ever thought one day I would grow up, let alone be married with 2 kids and a dog. Well it happened and I am not sure when it all did, but it did. I went from a night owl without a care in the world and a closet full of all the latest trends in clothes to a hockey mom with nothing but heavy sweaters in my closet to keep me warm at Just a Goalie's hockey games. He eats, sleeps and dreams hockey while I eat sleep and dream warm weather. Don't get me wrong I love to watch him play, actually there is nothing better but I think it is funny that I don't know about any of the rules and he still loves to have me there. What is funnier is Princess with a Bat loves to go too. That is his sister, who I personally feel would make a better hockey player as she is the one who is aggressive and has a temper. Princess found her calling in dance and figure skating, but you too would have a calling to the ice if you had been in a rink almost daily since before you could walk.

Today was a test for me.... Work all day, and just as the hockey season concluded 2 weeks ago, I was feeling a bit releaved that there wasn't a game or road trip. Figure skating has concluded and the sun was out and I was itching with what is known as SPRING FEVER. I got a call, of all things, baseball started today and it was from 3 -4:30. Ok I can do this. I survived cold rinks and snowstorms to tournaments, I can do anything. As the phone hung up it rang again (part of being a mom I guess), "Don't forget the dress rehersal for tonight at dance at 6". Wow, leave work be across town for baseball for Just a Goalie, race back dress the Princess and go to dance. Oh and don't forget dinner... on the road I guess.

Just as my life feels like a road race and that I start feeling that there is just not enough time in the day, Dad calls and says he will go to baseball I am on dance duty. Whew, now it is all getting better. I race home dress the Princess and get ready to go, Dad and Just a goalie show up. Just a Goalie jumps out of the truck, picks up a hockey stick and starts playing hockey in the dirt kicking up rocks and who knows what else all over the clean van I washed on the way home with my extra 5 minutes of time.

Dad convinces Princess who now wants to go out and hurt her brother for messing up her beautiful coach to get ready and we will all go together. We all pile in the van, and off we go. As the Princess dances all I can think as she smiles back at me is " who would have thought my life would be so crazy and SO perfect."

2 comments:

Mixed Up Me said...

Welcome to the addiscting world of blogging!! I miss you! By the way, love the names of the children!
Love, Ryan

Mixed Up Me said...

Oh, I meant to say "addicting" . . . I can't just let that typo slip . . . it's almost as if I'm a teacher or something! Have a great day!