Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Day with Spooky

This morning was exactly the same. All the kids up at the crack of dawn and no complaining. I made fried eggs and english muffins for breakfast and Spooky had Fruit Loops. I went off to work and Spooky and Dad got to stay home and babysit our nephew Little O. About lunch time Dad asked Spooky what he wanted and he didnt' care. He is on a roll with eating great so Dad decided "popcorn chicken". When it came to the table Spooky asked him what was for lunch and when Dad told him he said, "I don't like popcorn". Dad explained it is just chicken and Spooky was concerned what chicken with popcorn on it would taste like. He made a funny face when Dad put it on his plate, went in the kitchen to get the chips but when he returned all the "chicken with pocorn on it," as Spooky said, was gone. Dad asked where it went and all he could say was it was it in his belly. He finished all of it and was full.

After another trip to Grandma's for water Spooky found another tick on his neck crawling and picked it off telling Dad, " I think your house is made of Wood Ticks." Afterall this was the 2nd one he found on him today. I guess that is what you get when you live in the woods and have a dog.

Mr. 501 and Just a Goalie along with Princess all came home and wanted to know what was for dinner. It was hamburger meat pie. Mr. 501 asked what that is and Dad asked if he liked hamburger, corn and mashed potatoes. Mr. 501 said yes and Dad said what about if you mix them together.... then you have dinner. Mr. 501 loved it and everyone cleared there plates.

It is now time for all the kids to go to bed and Dad is reading a bedtime story to Spooky and Princess. Life this week with 2 extra kids hasn't been as crazy as I thought. I actually think it is smoother than normal. I asked the kids earlier if they are excited about going home on Sunday but they both asked to live here forever. I know they miss their parents but it makes me feel good to know they are so comfortable here and that they fit in as if they were meant to be part of our family forever. They are great kids and I will miss our Spookyisms, and the 30 minutes it takes to tuck each one in with their own bedtime game. I didn't think I would ever say this but I love my day's with Spooky,
day's with Princess.
day's with Just a Goalie,
and day's with Mr. 501. It will be a trip to the zoo on Saturday that I thought would be the best day but in retrospect all the days have been GREAT!

No comments: