Monday, April 23, 2007

Let's Play Ball

6am and we are up and rolling. All 6 of us rise and shine. 2 showers need to be taken and 4 kids need to be fed and a dog needs to go out to take a break. I can handle this if I have my coffee and this time it will happen. I got Spooky up and to my suprise, he was up dressed and teeth brushed in probably 5 minutes. If only they would all be this way. One can dream right? I wander up stairs and get that cup of coffee I have dreamed of all night. I walk to Mr. 501 and before I can get to the edge of the bed he is bright eyed and bushy tailed because today is Baseball tryouts. I tell him to go shower and then brush his teeth and unlike my 2 kids, he does this without a fight. Off he goes. On to Just a Goalie's room, and he is the same. Up and adam with little effort. He gets dressed and awaits Mr. 501 to come out of the bathroom. Oh didn't I mention we only have one bathroom? Anyway on to Princess who won't budge. No matter what I say or do she is determined to stay in bed. Finally Dad has to get involved and he gets her to at least open her eyes and say just a few words. But Princess never has just a few and if they are few they are right to the point with no hesitation. She mutters, "I need more sleep!" and rolls back over. Dad finally gets her up with the bribe of Barbie cereal. They all are done and at the table and the two older ones are discussing todays tryouts. I can tell they are excited. 7:25 and out the door for the bus to pick them up for school. I head off to work.

2:50 Dad and I go to the school to get the kids and take them to tryouts. They stand in the first line to do the timed run. Just a Goalie first and he really did well, next was Mr. 501 and he did well too. They have so much fun together. I cheer them on and tell both of them as they go to the throwing station to not think about it and just have fun. They waited for eachother as best friends do and both completed the station. Just a Goalie, goofed one of the throws but Mr. 501 nailed all 4. No big deal to the two of them, they moved on to the next station, batting. Again both hit every ball. I was so proud. Just as if they are both mine. Still cheering them on it was off to the last station. Fielding! Just a Goalie missed one grounder but got all the pop flies. Mr. 501 fielded the grounders and missed both pop flies, but nailed the throws to 3rd base. As Mr. 501 comes off the field (I think a little bummed) and there is Just a Goalie waiting for him with the words I am not sure I am supposed to hear but did. "You did great!" Mr. 501 smiles. It is so nice to know that no matter where we go or what we do these are 2 kids that will be friends for life.

1 comment:

Mixed Up Me said...

Isn't it great to have friends for life!! By the way, have you had any coffee since you started this blogging addiction??!! Love ya-