Saturday, April 28, 2007

Boys Will Be Boys

I would have started this last night, but I was extremely busy washing laundry. OK, that is definitely a drawback of 4 kids and a dog that likes to swim in swamps. I made pizza for dinner that no one ate at supper time, but it is now almost gone. I guess playing outside works up an appetite. After sitting down for dinner they all went out to play. I was going to tackle the 7 piles of clothes I had to clean. I only missed one day of laundry. 2 loads were towels, because no one wants to use a towel more than once in this house. I figured I would pick my battles until I had to battle laundry. NOW, they each have a towel and they need to use it twice.

Anyway, the house was quiet and the dog was out with the kids so I felt safe. Dad and I started cleaning out the Utility Room, I guess "de-junking" as our friend King Turd from Turd Island says. All of a sudden there is giggling at the door so loud that we hear it and the door is closed. I open it at my own risk to find 3 boys so full of swamp water that as they walk their rubber boots are acting as cups that are holding at least 2 cups of water per foot. Now, swamp water isn't clean water and the smell is enough to kill anyone, so I was inventorying how high the wetness really goes on each child. SURPRISE! It is up to each of their shoulders. I quickly tell them to clean up outside and it is time to come in.

Dad greats them upstairs as they attempt to enter the house and all I can hear is, "your not coming in like that, Mom will kill you." I tell the kids if you are coming in you are stripping your clothes off out here. Spooky without hesitation I guess takes all his wet clothes off and takes off running because in just a moment thru the basement windows all I see is a little boy in tidy whiteys streaking thru my yard. Dad is calling him back and he is laughing like no tomorrow. Just a Goalie ran in the house to shower and Mr. 501 and Spooky followed. I now had another load of dripping Swamp water clothes to wash. So much for completing the laundry in one day.

I have about 2 loads left, I will work on today, but first it is off to the zoo. I am so glad this week has been all about having fun for all of us.

No comments: