Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What's for dinner?

I didn't get much sleep last night. The phone started ringing about 11:30 and continued thru 12:30. Then my sleep pattern was all messed up. I heard te alarm at 5:30 as Dad had to be at work by 6:30 and all the kids needed to get up. Coffee was ready as I made my way up the stairs. Kids all got up a bit slower this morning. I think they are all getting tired as the week is coming to an end. Good news for them, Friday is a short day for school. I got all the kids ready and off they went.

I worked all day and got out of there about 4:30. Dad was already home attempting to warm up after a cold day in the water.I ran to the grocery store to get the final fixings for dinner. I walked in to have Spooky and Princess meet me at the door, digging in my bags for some idea of what's for dinner. I wasn't gonna tell. After I fixed it all and called to the kids, Mr. 501 and Just a Goalie were first to get to their seats.

Just a goalie and Mr. 501 were busy talking when I arrived with the freshly made taco shells. Spooky asked what are these and picked one up and started eating a plain fried corn tortilla. Princess said, "we are having taco's not shells" and started to laugh at Spooky. He didn't care he was too interested in making his shell into a donut. Dad made him half a taco and he and Princess ate all their food. Mr. 501 and Just a Goalie ate 2 each. Grandma even came for dinner. After we were all done, they went out to play but Princess came back and ate 2 more. I can't believe she out ate the boys! Although I think all the kids liked dinner, I am sure it is Princess' favorite. I am so glad Spooky has made it 5 days and each night, there is nothing left on his plate. I am not sure what I am making for dinner tomorrow, but I hope they like it as much as tonights.

No comments: