Sunday, April 22, 2007

Suprise suprise!!

7 am and I am up.. I was trying to beat the kids but that didn't happen. As I attempted to get out of bed Spooky and Princess were giggling on the couch. I went out to them and told them to sneak into my bed and get Dad. They didn't know it but Dad knew they were coming and once they got into the bed the tickle monster arrived and attacked the both of them. There is nothing like hearing belly laughs first thing in the morning. I quietly went upstairs and got out my coffee cup. Opened the fridge and got out the special creamer. I was determined to have that coffee. As I opened the fridge I heard Mr. 501 and Just a Goalie talking so I went to them and asked what they wanted for breakfast. Pancakes with fresh strawberries and mangos on top. I was on it. Back to the kitchen I go, but first I wanted to take a minute for me. I poured my coffee and went outside in the sunshine that wasn't supposed to last very long and sat at the bistro table.

As I went to sit down, I noticed the van (remember the van that ran over the bike yesterday) was sitting funny. I investigated further and noticed my back tire was FLAT..... great, just what I need. I went back in the house and told Dad and Just a Goalie that now his bike is broken and so is my van and I didn't fall in the mud, he did.

I made everyone breakfast and was in search of that coffee. I lost it and couldn't find it, so I was on a mission. Somehow I got distracted and started on cleaning up as everyone was done. Spooky cleaned his plate and Mr. 501 loved the fruit. Just a Goalie and Princess ate pretty well too, so seemed like the morning was looking up. I heard the front door shut and noticed everyone was outside. We were supposed to have rain but the sun was shining and it felt awesome to open all the windows.

As I opened the last kitchen window I saw my van being fixed by Dad. He was out there in the mud, because it did rain all last night in our driveway and had the tire off, loaded in the back and the spare on. He walked to the screen and told me not to worry, he will get it fixed tomorrow by Uncle Monkey. I cleaned the floors upstairs and felt like all was well, I was in a great place. I looked outside and all the kids, dog and Dad were playing baseball. Could this be any better? They all played for about 2 hours and just as they came in it was lunch time.

I fixed grilled cheese sandwiches and tuna salad for lunch. They all ate great. Cleared their places and I cleaned up. They asked to go out and play and I said sure... again enjoy the sun while we can. No sooner did they get all ready, mud boots on, wind jackets on, and out the door they went. Suddenly the skies got dark and Dad said, "smells like rain." He hollared out to the kids to start cleaning up all the gloves and balls and the skies opened. I laughed so hard as they all ran through the yard as fast as they could to get their stuff before it was soaked. The kids made it in just a bit wet but the dog didn't do so well. He looked like he just went swimming in a mud puddle. He was the last to come in and he left me another suprise for the day. Foot prints all over my clean floor. But the biggest suprise was when I found my coffee at 5pm, on the bistro table outside. I am determined to take time for coffee this weekend. Maybe I will drink my cup now.

No comments: