Monday, December 10, 2007

What a Weekend!

Saturday was fun. I got to spend the day with my Grandma and Grandpa playing Hand/Foot. It is a card game that Grandpa swears is real, but he always has a new rule... I like playing though and this weekend, I was the big loser. I had fun.

You see Grandma's birthday was Saturday and I got up early and made Pulled Pork in the Crock pot. After getting that started Princess and I started on her special birthday dessert. INDOOR S'MORES. YUMMO! Then we all got by the Christmas Tree for the annual Christmas Card picture. The four of us and Bosco the dog. One picture Dad's head was cut off, next picture Princess' head looked like it was about to fall off. Almost like it was too heavy to hold up. There was one even with the dog's head missing. Then there was the picture that JAG looked like he really needed a restroom break and the final one, a little dark, but perfect. Even the dog was facing the camera.

Dad and I ran off to the store to develop these only to find a million people, OK half a million, shopping in ONE department, and it would have to be the camera department. So one hour photo was really 2 hour photo. So off to kill time. Dad felt it necessary to take me shopping for a new gun. First of all, I don't want one and secondly that store was too crowded too. I think he wants one and this was his way of telling me. Honestly it was a great way to kill 2 hours. I left and was on my way back to the 2 hour photo lab when my phone rang.
"hello?
"When are you coming home?"
"Going to pick up pictures now... maybe 15 minutes"
"Can you hurry? Your kids are Starving."
"OK on my way"
Now I just want you to know the pantry is full of everything in a grocery store and dad responds with, "Well they must be hungry, you didn't feed them breakfast".

I just sat and looked at him and picked my battle without responding, but thought all the while, "they are old enough to get their own breakfast. Remember the Grilled cheese sandwich incident... or Princess when she took every granola bar out of the wrapper to be sure the one she ate had NO nuts. They are fine to pour a bowl of cereal at 8 and 10 yrs old." But I said nothing and figured they weren't gonna starve in 15 minutes.

I got home and fed the kids and wouldn't you know, neither of them finished their plate. Obviously NOT starving. But again in someones eyes in this household, I failed as a mom again.

I had a blast playing cards, got to see my niece and went to ice cream after dinner. Nothing like family time. Other than this lovely experience I had a great weekend. I spent yesterday afternoon with a dear friend of mine from high school. Anyway I met her and her family for coffee at 3 and it turned into dinner a lot of catching up, as I hadn't talked with her in almost 3 years. You know I never feel like a day passes when we talk even if it is a gap in between. That is a true friend. I really need to make time for my friends more often. I have to run, I will keep you up to date on my crazy life this week. Enjoy your coffee and enjoying it with an old friend makes it even better.

No comments: