Friday, December 7, 2007

Stepping back!!!!

Let's take a ride in a time machine, well at least I will and you can come with me. 6 am the alarm sounds. I hit snooze enough times to kill at least 30 minutes just to awake an rush kids into getting ready like it is their fault we are up late. I explain that we have to hurry, because I can't be late. It is Friday and there is always lots to do on Friday's. I get them out of the bathroom, which we are sharing since I am living with my mom, and out to the kitchen to eat a balanced breakfast. Mom always said it was the most important meal of the day, so they ate cereal (with sugar) and toast (with butter and sugar). I have to make sure they can jump start their day too. As the eyeliner is just about to reach my eye, I hear Dad say "Why is there cheese in the toaster?" I about stabbed myself in the eye when I heard Just a Goalie respond with, "I wanted to make a grilled cheese sandwich yesterday". Well I guess that is one way to make one. So long story short, I finished getting ready with the great smell of BURNT cheese. I grabbed my coffee and out the door we went.

Oh, this story doesn't stop there. I pull up to the school for the kids and Just A Goalie (JAG)asked where I put his book for Accelerated Reading, "Indian in the Cupboard." I asked him if it was my responsibility and he looked at me like I wasn't smarter than a fifth grader..... and then he responded with, "I can't remember everything!" I guess that is my job, and I forgot. So in other words, I am glad I have another job in life other than being a mom, because as of this morning, I was fired from my mom job. Princess was her normal self. Got up, got ready and out the door with a smile for school, reminding me how great her day was going to be.

If only I could wake up and know my day would be great. Oh, wait I do wake up every morning to a fresh brewed pot of coffee, (Thank God for timers) and now that I am not smoking, I REALLY need my coffee. Can life be any better? I am sure this weekend will be full of lots of crazy stories, but until then enjoy the moment and remember life is what you make it even if it starts with an eyeliner poking you in the eye.

1 comment:

Mixed Up Me said...

Oh my goodness!! grilled Cheese in the toaster . . . that sounds like something Ryley would have done when she was that age!! Funny!!